Ribbed Lace and Cable Knots

Oh,  "A Gathering of Lace" by Meg Swansen!

Every lace-knitter's Must Have book. How many of us out there spent hours looking at the pictures of lovely shawls and pullovers? I am the latest victim! I got the book in July and since then every so often I open the pages and look at the pictures, saying : "One day I will make...". The item I will make usually changes from day to day. 
One of those items is a Ribbed Lace Pullover which has the following pattern:
I like the idea of lace and cables and I like the cabled knots. I really wanted to play with this pattern!
However, me being me (i.e. - I very rarely follow any pattern without changing it) I made the pattern even lacy-er and knitted a stole (or a big scarf - what ever you want to call it):

Here is a detailed pattern:




Question is: should I write up the pattern for all of you guys out there? Anybody interested?

Happy knitting everyone!




Comments

  1. This is lovely! I also collect stitch patterns where lace meets cables. And playing with different yarns yields very differently looking results.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment