Hooray! The first StellaLuna from my reader!

I am in absolute ecstatic mood for the last couple days: the pictures of the first StellaLuna knitted by one of my readers were posted! With the permission of the owner here it is. Thank you, Olga!

This shawl was knitted in Doneck, Ukraine. Look it up - it is right on the border between Russia and Ukraine.
 There are also a few more StellaLunas started on Ravelry:
This one is being made in Bismarck, North Dakota


and this one is in Perth, Western Australia, Australia. 

WOW!  I am completely, absolutely, totally  in love with the globalization of our knowledge base!
Think back only 10 years. How long  would it have taken for my pattern (created in May of 2010 in NH, USA) make it all way to Perth, Australia? Don't know. Years?
Now it take seconds. 
Isn't Internet wonderful thing?

I would like to say thank you to all the knitters out there who was so brave to take up a pattern by unknown designer (aka  - me). 
THANK YOU!
And if you are out there, knitting StellaLuna:  I would love to hear from you. 
Please, show us your version and tell us where are you from, so we can track StellaLuna across the globe!

PS: I am currently working on a new design. It does not have a name yet, but here is a sneak peak:


Happy Knitting!

Comments

  1. Natalia, I am glad for you, this is really exciting! Your new design looks beautifully; it is reminiscent of some Estonian stitches I know. If it is not a secret, will this be another triangular shawl?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment